PDI is delivered using the CDIO (Conceive – Design – Implement – Operate) problem based learning teaching approach and places emphasis on providing industrially and business relevant, transferable skills, supported by a solid scientific and mathematical foundation.
We offer Product Design degrees through three distinct pathways: Product Design BA, Product Design BSc, and Product Design Innovation BEng. Which pathway you choose depends upon your interests, the subjects you have previously studied and what you want to do with your degree when you graduate.
The Product Design Innovation BEng is an engineering degree with a product design leaning. The course contains the same science, mathematics, and many of the engineering modules that are found in the Materials Engineering and Materials BEng course.
Product Design is an applied subject and our course is based around applied workshop learning; seminars with demonstrations; practical and lab work. We don’t do lectures!
Each academic year of the BEng Product Design Innovation degree centres on a two-semester long design-practice modules. Design-practice challenges start with a design brief, to which you must apply theConceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) cycle.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mechanical Engineering Design & Build (CDIO)
- Statics & Materials
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Circuit theory
- Programming for Engineers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesDesign View 412 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.