Traditional engineering courses often involve large, impersonal lectures but out courses are taught in small, interactive seminar groups in our state-of-the-art facilities. This means more demonstrations and guided experiences working as a team with others in your department and from related courses such as Business, Product Design or Digital Media.
The University of Chichester is a member of the CDIO worldwide initiative alongside other leading universities. However, our unique CDIO (Conceive – Design – Implement – Operate) approach means that our courses are designed to be practical and lab-focused from the ground up.
Each academic year of the BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering & Materials degree centres on a two-semester long design-build-test challenge.
The knowledge and techniques that you will apply in your design-build challenges are gained in workshops, seminars and practical lab based modules that are specific to Mechanical Engineering & Materials.
Design-build challenges start with a design brief, to which you must apply the Conceive-Design-Implement-Operate (CDIO) engineering cycle.
The course also contains many specialist modules to provide you with the breadth knowledge and skills needed for a career in mechanical engineering and materials science.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Mechanical Engineering CDIO Project
- Statics & Materials
- Heat Transfer & Fluid Mechanics
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Circuit Theory
- Programming for Engineers
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering View 127 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal Statement – A written piece of about yourself; why you have chosen the course you are applying for, and why you want to come to the University of Chichester
- Copies of Qualifications to date – Translated into English
- Proof of English Language Level – If English is not your first language
- Two academic references
- For a Music course we will need a DVD of a musical performance for 5 minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
- For Dance we need a web link of two performances, one of which should be contemporary and at least three minutes long. We also require an academic essay written in English.
International13600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13600 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.