- Gain a background in the fundamental science, mathematics and key technologies that underpin global networking
- Study with international experts in the fields of converged all-IP networks with particular knowledge in modelling, measurements and QoE, in middleware and in wireless networking
- Work with the most up-to-date technologies - each topic is backed up by our world-leading research centres and groups
- Fulfil the educational requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer, accredited by The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
What you'll study at this Telecommunication and Wireless Systems MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London
You will develop an extensive understanding of 21st-century networks, including:
- software for network and services design
- network modelling
- sensors and the Internet of Things
- security and authentication
- mobile services
- next generation mobile technologies.
Learn the Java programming foundations for network and services design, the technological foundations of converged, all-packet networks, and current mobile networks from WCDMA 3G to LTE and LTE-Advanced.
The School has collaborations, partnerships, industrial placement schemes and public engagement programmes with organisations, including Vodafone, Google, IBM, BT, NASA, BBC and Microsoft.
You will also devise and carry out a major dissertation, which you can choose to do in collaboration with an industrial partner.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Communication Theory
- Mobile and WLAN Technologies
- Modelling and Performance
- Mobile Services
- Security and Authentication
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesWeb Technologies & Cloud Computing Communications Engineering View 36 other Masters in Communications Engineering in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- Good 2:2 degrees are considered on an individual basis.
International25150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25150 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.