The Cooperation and Development program of the University School for Advanced Studies Pavia (IUSS) is full time and is fully taught in English. Following the residential period in Pavia, all the students carry out an internship for a minimum duration of 3 months which can be either a on-the-field experience with one of the partner organization or a research period in an International Institution. As partial fulfilment of the Master requirements, students are required to write a thesis linked to their internship experience or upon a research issue of their interest.
Master C&D is the first Master Program in cooperation and development established in Italy, running continuously since 1997.
It is jointly organized (joint degree) by the University of Pavia and the Institute of Advanced Study of Pavia-IUSS and it is carried out with the significant support of three Italian NGO’s, namely CISP, COOPI and VIS.
The Master C&D aims at training professionals in the field of international cooperation through a highly qualified academic and professional training. Students have the possibility of studying in a multidisciplinary and multiethnic environment inside one of the oldest University systems in Europe. Every academic year 30 students coming from different cultural and academic backgrounds are exposed to an intensive period of study, followed by a direct field experience. Usually, the class is composed half by italians and half by foreigners, mostly coming from Developing Countires.
Students are prepared to work in institutions like Non-Governmental Organizations, International Organizations, Governmental Bureaus, Research Centres, other Public or Private Institutions.
- Preliminary Courses
- Core courses in Development Economics
- Core courses in Project Management
- Core courses on Development Issues and Tools
- Hot issues in the global agenda- the voice of UN agencies and international experts
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form (if you are applying for a scholarship, we kindly remind you to clearly specify it in the document)
- Copy of passport (or identity card)
- Copy of the last university degree (optional for degrees obtained in Italy)
- Only for foreign applicants: validation of university degree through consular authorities (i.e. dichiarazione di valore/declaration of value)*
- Transcript of academic records
- One (maximum two) reference letters
- Motivation letter (maximum 300 words)
- Curriculum vitae, highlighting training and professional experiences in the field of cooperation and development
- For those applying for a scholarship: a copy of ISEE declaration (for Italians) or a copy of family income statement (for foreigners) related to the previous year.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 15 months.
EU/EEA8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 15 months.
Living costs for Pavia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.