The Athletic Training program of Lock Haven University will prepare you for an athletic training career in various employment settings. The program is designed to develop both your academic and clinical reasoning skills through classroom and clinical experiences. After graduating from the program you will be eligible for athletic training certification by the Board of Certification (BOC) and subsequent appropriate state credentialing.
Facilities: Lock Haven University provides exceptional, state-of-the-art facilities for the athletic training program. There is a dedicated athletic training classroom, an exercise physiology lab, and gross human anatomy (cadaver dissection) lab.
Careers: Due to a concentration on cost containment, healthcare professions are expected to grow through 2020. LHU’s programs will ready you to enter this expanding profession through a variety of career options. Our recent graduates have accepted positions in various high schools, physician offices, rehabilitation clinics, colleges, and industrial settings across the US.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-based Medicine
- Functional Anatomy
- Evaluation Techniques
- Therapeutic Interventions
- General Medical Conditions
- Current Issues in Athletic Training
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 424 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher verified via official college transcript(s)
- Completion of the following prerequisites with a grade of “C” or better: Anatomy &, Physiology 1 with lab, Biomechanics or Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, Health, General Psychology, Statistics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one from a certified/licensed athletic trainer)
- Statement of Professional Goals (750 words or less)
- GRE scores (50th percentile recommended for admission).
- Current CPR/Professional Rescuer for the healthcare provider
- Documentation of 75 observation hours in athletic training
- Successful completion of an interview
International9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 24 months.
National9288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4644 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6192 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3096 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Lock Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.