Regenerative medicine is a rapidly growing area of research that encompasses stem cell biology, tissue engineering, genome engineering, and nanotechnology.
- Acquire advanced training from internationally renowned scientists in stem cell biology, cellular regeneration, biomaterials, and tissue engineering
- Interact with clinicians involved in translational research at St. Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospitals.
- Experience multi-disciplinary training through collaboration with the School of Engineering and Materials Science
- Learn and work in outstanding research facilities
- Develop industry contacts and enjoy networking opportunities and support from academic advisors and the student office
What you'll study
You will receive advanced, multi-disciplinary training in the scientific principles and clinical applications of regenerative medicine. The programme is delivered jointly by Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry and the School of Engineering and Materials Science.
Through the taught modules, you will develop a strong scientific foundation in the biology of stem cells and regeneration, as well as the fundamental principles of biomaterials, tissue engineering and cellular reprogramming. You will then undertake an intensive 12-week individual research project, where you will gain hands-on experience applying these concepts to problems in human health and the development of novel regenerative technologies.
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is comprised of two renowned and prestigious teaching hospitals: St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London. Both continue to make an outstanding contribution to modern medicine and together have been consistently ranked among the top five universities in the UK for medicine. The Regenerative Medicine MSc programme is offered at Queen Mary University of London.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cellular and Molecular Basis of Regeneration
- Stem Cell and Developmental Biology
- Advanced Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
- Research Skills and Methodology
- Biomaterials in Regenerative Medicine
- Tissue-specific Stem Cells
- Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells and Genome Engineering
- Research Project in Regenerative Medicine
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiomedicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 270 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject such as the biological sciences, physical sciences, Medicine or Dentistry.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree will be considered on an individual basis.
- Intercalating medical students who have successfully completed at least three years of the MBBS, MBChB or equivalent medical course will also be considered. Please visit our Intercalated Degrees webpage for further information.
International27250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.