The Mechanical Engineering program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth provides advanced education enabling students to solve complex engineering problems.
The program also offers an option in industrial and systems engineering, in which you will learn the critical tools of optimization, modeling, and quality assurance—allowing you to refine your management skills and support the business objectives of your organization.
Key research areas within the Department of Mechanical Engineering are:
- composite materials
- computational fluid dynamics
- experimental fluid mechanics
- heat and mass transfer
- manufacturing systems modeling
- materials science
- mechanical behavior of emerging advanced materials
- quality control
- solid mechanics
Through your master's level studies, you will gain:
- an advanced level of understanding in the general areas of mechanical engineering
- depth of knowledge and an understanding of advanced topics in your chosen area of specialization
You will have the ability to:
- identify and formulate complex engineering problems
- develop solutions to complex engineering problems
- communicate technical material effectively both orally and through technical reports and publications
- Mechanical Engineering Seminar
- Advanced Engineering Math
- Applied Numerical Methods
- Continuum Mechanics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 453 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field from a college or university of recognized standing. Applicants with different backgrounds may be admitted with additional course requirements needed to meet program prerequisites.
- Statement of purpose: 300 - 600 words
- Official transcripts
- Official GRE score: sent directly from ETS
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from ETS or testing agency
International44366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per semester during 18 months.
National31326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15663 USD per semester during 18 months.
In-State24584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.