Through faculty consulting and student projects, the civil and environmental engineering program has forged strong bonds in southeastern Massachusetts, one of the state's fastest-growing regions. The program:
- contributes to the growth of regional industries, businesses, and governmental agencies
- addresses problems related to development and infrastructure
- provides an accessible source of graduate education for the region's engineering employees
Faculty also address environmental problems that impact economic development, including:
- water quality and quantity issues
- lake eutrophication
- hazardous waste handling
- preservation of the ecological health of the bays
- industrial wastewater treatment
- solid waste handling
- leachate collection and treatment
The Civil and Environmental Engineering program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth offers:
- small classes
- close contact with faculty who have a diverse set of research interests and industry experiences
- access to well-supported research facilities
- state-of-the-art computational and experimental research facilities
- opportunities for full-time or part-time study
- convenient class schedule for students who are employed
Program objectives include:
- enhancing the knowledge of professional practicing civil and environmental engineers so that they are equipped to handle the complex problems of today
- providing graduates with the skills, experience, and confidence to solve problems not yet encountered
Graduates will have the ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- function as a team member
- identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- communicate effectively
- act as a leader and direct civil engineering projects
Graduates will also possess:
- knowledge of contemporary issues and professional culture in their areas of specialization
- understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Topics in Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Advanced Processes in Environmental Engineering
- Reaction Processes in Environmental Engineering
- Probability and Statistics for Civil Engineers
- GeoEnvironmental Engineering
- Advanced Traffic Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction View 255 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- Statement of purpose: 300 - 600 words
- Official transcripts: from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not). Transcripts should show class rank if available
- Official GRE score: sent directly from ETS; copies/scans not accepted. GRE scores for the general test are required except by those who are or are about to be graduates of UMass Dartmouth in civil engineering or who are or are about to receive a UMassD civil engineering graduate certificate
- 3 letters of recommendation: from persons in the field of your academic major at the institution most recently attended or from supervisors familiar with your recent job performance
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores sent directly from ETS or testing agency
International44366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per semester during 12 months.
National31326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15663 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State24584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.