The Printmaking program
The goal of the Printmaking program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is to find the interdependence of idea to medium. This may be initiated through the pure language of traditional print processes, or this may be accomplished through a blend that complements the traditional multiple with other possibilities such as: mixed media, photo mechanical, alternative processes or digital fabrication.
Student and advisor meet weekly for one-on-one critique and additional faculty input is planned at mid- and end-of-semester reviews.
In addition to the studio experience, the students take courses in art history and critical theory, and a broad complement of University offerings that support the fostering of intellectual pursuit and individual aesthetic maturation.
- Methods & Theory In Art History
- Graduate Seminar I
- Graduate Seminar II: On Creativity
- Visual Thesis
- Writing Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Art History View 645 other Masters in Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Portfolio of 20 images representing your art work, process of thinking, implementation of concepts, and studio production. The portfolio is the equivalent of the entrance examinations which other academic areas often require.
- Statement of purpose (minimum 300 words)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- 2 letters of recommendation
International44366 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per semester during 24 months.
National31326 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15663 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State24584 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.