Every day humans generate quintillions of bytes of data. 80% of them are spatial data, that have to be analyzed and processed, both in real-time and off-line, to extract information.
Therefore a new scientific and technical figure who combines expertizes of Computer Science, Environmental Engineering and Geomatics is needed.
Geoinformatics Engineers are high level experts in methods and technologies for measuring, georeferencing, analyzing, visualizing and publishing spatial and time-varying information, with a particular attention to environmental data.
The Geoinformatics Engineering programme at the Politecnico Di Milano is the first in Italy and exploits the long lasting experience of Politecnico Di Milano in both Environmental, Geomatics and Computer Science to form new and multidisciplinary experts highly requested by both private and public sectors.
Geoinformatics engineers are expert in methodological and computational aspects of spatial information with a special concern for environmental geo-referenced data. Urban and agricultural land planning, infrastructure design, transport and traffic monitoring and management, environmental modeling, Earth sciences are the main application fields of Geoinformatics Engineering.
All those fields attain to the general context of sustainable management of environment and land. Geoinformatics Engineers will thus be involved in geodata projects to support the new paradigms of Participative Digital Earth, Smart City and Smart Society, and decisions at local, national country and global level. According to the selected study track, the graduated Geoinformatics Engineers can participate to the Italian state certification exam needed to enter either the Civil and Environmental Engineers' register or the Computer Science Engineers’ one.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geospatial data analysis
- Geographical Information Systems
- Positioning and Location Based Services
- Pollution measurement and management on the Geomatics
- Environmental side
- Software Engineering
- Computing Infrastructures
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Geography Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Environmental Engineering. Other backgrounds will be taken into consideration case by case.
- If the university qualification is not yet available at the moment of the application, an official provisional certificate can be provided.
- An official translation into Italian or English of the degree or of the provisional certificate is required in case the original document is in a language other than Italian, English, French or Spanish.
- Curriculum vitae is a written description of your work experience, educational background and skills. Maximum 2 pages long.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.