Graduate students of the Jewelry and Metals program of University of Massachusetts Dartmouth are encouraged to pursue individual areas of interest which may include fabrication of jewelry as well as utilitarian and/or sculptural objects. Students work closely with a faculty advisor to ensure guided exploration to develop the advanced skills, confidence, and self-discipline necessary to sustain a productive artistic career. Individual meetings take place on a weekly basis and critiques occur each month. Studies culminate with both a visual and written thesis.
Pursue your MFA at UMassD
- Assistantships: provide stipends, tuition waivers and fee reductions
- Exhibition opportunities: local, regional, and on campus
- Facilities: labs, equipment, and tools for artistic exploration and production
- Faculty: involved in scholarly, creative, and professional projects
- Individualized attention extended to every student
- Interdisciplinary projects and committees are encouraged
- Location: an hour from Providence, Boston, and Cape Cod
- New Bedford: an active downtown arts community
- University education: access to faculty in other fields
- Visiting artists: enrich your artistic and professional development
- Visual Resources Center: more than 150,000 archived images
- Workspaces: assigned to each graduate student
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods & Theory In Art History
- Graduate Seminar I
- Graduate Seminar II: On Creativity
- Visual Thesis
- Writing Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods View 61 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Portfolio of 20 images representing your art work, process of thinking, implementation of concepts, and studio production. The portfolio is the equivalent of the entrance examinations which other academic areas often require.
- Statement of purpose (minimum 300 words)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (regardless if a credential is earned or not)
- 2 letters of recommendation
International22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 24 months.
National22183 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22183 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State12292 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12292 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.