Landscape Architecture is fundamental both when designing contemporary territories and when looking after and recovering those inherited from the past.
The land materials which the landscape architect knows how to shape and to manage are the soil, the vegetation, rocks and waters, their evolution and change throughout time and this requires interdisciplinary knowledge and aptitude.
Therefore, the Landscape Architecture - Land Landscape Heritage programme at the Politecnico Di Milano integrates technical, natural and agronomical sciences, as well as historical, cultural and social studies.
The programme is based on design studios and lectures on current themes such as the design of soil and of public open spaces, of urban and rural landscape, preservation of landscape heritage, regeneration of derelict areas, sustainable tourism and hydrogeological risk prevention. Professors of different subjects stimulate the capacity to work out concepts and to collaborate within interdisciplinary teams.
Landscape graduates from Politecnico di Milano operate internationally with landscape design studios, engineering and architecture companies, public design agencies and public administrations. In Italy, they may be licensed to practice as Landscape Architects by the Italian Professional Association of Architects, Planners, Landscapers and Conservationists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Urban and rural open spaces network and parks design studio
- Ecology and agronomic science
- Landscape and infrastructure design studio (water and infrastructure)
- Design techniques
- Urban and rural soil and landscape.
- Built Environment and Landscape Design Studio
- Elective Landscape Design Studio
- Environmental Analysis and Landscape Mapping
- Economy and Management of Landscape
- Water and Landscape
- Metabolism of City and Landscape
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
International students: Deadline for February intake is 01 July
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 17 other Masters in Architecture in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor Degree in Architecture, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Planning, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Forestry, Agricultural or Environmental Science.
- The Curriculum Vitae is mandatory and can be enrich it with photos and images.
- A portfolio is also welcome for students with a background in Architecture, Design and Landscape.
International3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3898 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3898 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees for EEA students range from about 895,20 € to 3898,20 € for year.
- The first installment corresponds to 895,20€.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.