What you'll study
This Global Public Health and Policy MSc programme at Queen Mary University of London will be of particular interest if you are a medical and clinical practitioner, a civil servant, a public health practitioner, a social or political scientist, a lab scientist, or work for an NGO. You will focus on the social determinants of health; the interface between politics and policy; a concern for social justice; and primary care acting as a platform for effective public health action. This will lead you towards multidisciplinary analysis that includes sociology, anthropology, economics, law, geography as well as public health medicine.
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is comprised of two renowned and prestigious teaching hospitals: St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London. Both continue to make an outstanding contribution to modern medicine and together have been consistently ranked among the top five institutions in the UK for medicine.
- Four core modules
- One compulsory module
- Three elective modules
- 10,000-word dissertation
This programme will be of particular interest if you are a medical and clinical practitioner, a civil servant, public health practitioner, social and political scientist, lab scientist or NGO worker. Our students gain a global perspective and are equipped to enhance capacity and work effectively in multidisciplinary teams on behalf of local populations.
Our alumni have gone on to work in careers such as:
- Head of Advocacy and Partnerships Department, Public Health Institute, Federal Ministry of Health, Sudan
- Senior Policy Advisor, British Medical Association
- Head of Ecosystems and Business Development at Telenor Health, Bangladesh
- Health Service Delivery Manager at Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc, Swaziland
- Childhood Adversity Partnerships Manager at Body & Soul Charity, UK
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Epidemiology and Statistics
- Evidence, Policy and Global Health
- Health Inequalities and Social Determinants of Health
- Health Systems, Policy and Practice
- Gender, Sexuality and Health
- Health Systems Theory, Policy and Political Economy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 348 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject, such as Medicine, Nursing, the health sciences or the social sciences.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree and relevant experience in the field will be considered on an individual basis.
- Candidates that do not currently meet the set entry requirements may also have the option to study the Graduate Diploma in Humanities and Social Sciences. Meeting the required grades on completion of this programme will provide a pathway to study MSc Global Public Health and Policy.
International19250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10950 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £5,500
- International: £9,650
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.