Learn how you can make a difference in health policy while you explore the social determinants for health and the interface between politics and policy.
- Gain all the skills you need to move on to a PhD
- Study on a multidisciplinary programme which includes sociology, anthropology, economics, law, geography and public health medicine
- Benefit from strong links to the NHS, local authorities, policymakers and leading international figures in global health
- Go on to work in health policy and other fields of public health and public policy with a global perspective
What you'll study
You will undertake core modules in research design, and qualitative and quantitative methods. You will study with social science students from a range of disciplines across Queen Mary, King’s College London and Imperial College London as part of the training offered by the ESRC-funded London Interdisciplinary Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership. You will also study a suite of substantive modules offered in conjunction with the School's Global Health MScs.
Once you have successfully completed the programme, you will be able to move on to a PhD and work effectively in multidisciplinary teams on behalf of local populations.
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry is comprised of two renowned and prestigious teaching hospitals: St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London. Both continue to make an outstanding contribution to modern medicine and together have been consistently ranked among the top five in the UK for medicine. The Global Health Systems Theory and Policy MRes degree is offered at Queen Mary University of London.
- Five compulsory modules
- One elective module
- One compulsory 15,000-word dissertation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Social Science Research: Epistemology, Research Design, and Qualitative Methods
- Social Science Research: Quantitative Methods and Data
- Health Systems Policy and Practice
- Health Inequalities and Social Determinants of Health
- Health Systems Theory, Policy and Political Economy
Dissertation, Global Health Systems, Theory and Policy
- Human Resource Management in the Public Services
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Public Policy View 319 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject, such as Medicine, Nursing, the health sciences or the social sciences.
- Applicants with a 2:2 degree and relevant experience in the field will be considered on an individual basis.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.