The program offers both a theoretical and applied approach to working with students' literacy problems in the classroom. Candidates learn to assess reading difficulties, implement appropriate literacy instructions, and use data-driven instruction to plan school-wide literacy programs.
- Students enrolled in the Literacy - Reading Specialist Certification at Robert Morris University take 27 credits to meet the competencies for K-12 reading specialist certification in Pennsylvania.
- Unlike other programs, students take a course in structured literacy and an optional structured literacy practicum.
- Educational Statistics
- Educational Research Seminar
- Assess/Interven Early Literacy
- Assess/Interven In Adoles Lite
- Practicum-Clinical Experience
- Read/Spec Ed: Instr Meth/Prac
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literacy Education View 167 other Masters in Literacy Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Apply online for free
- All applicants must submit official transcripts of all undergraduate course work and graduate course work, if applicable. Official transcripts from all schools attended, whether or not some of the work is shown as advanced standing on your transcripts, must also be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Robert Morris University offers over 20 graduate degrees, six doctoral programs, and a wide menu of certificates, certifications, and endorsements.
International34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.