Nanoscale Structure of Materials program of the Southern Federal University uses advanced educational technologies, including the "leaning-bydoing" principle that involves acquiring knowledge through practice.
The interactive laboratory classes enable students to use "gaming" technologies as well as provide a remote access to unique research equipment.
The students have access to world-level research equipment and facilities, including Europe’s only laboratory spectrometer Rigaku R-XAS.
The students have an opportunity to undertake an internship at the MegaScience facilities such as Kurchatov Synchrotron (Moscow, Russia), European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (France), etc. - A number of educational modules are delivered by the leading foreign specialists in the state-of-the-art nanodiagnostics research methods.
Work paths and future careers
- You will be an expert in experimental and theoretical diagnostics and computer modeling of nanoscale atomic and electronic structures of different classes of nanosized materials.
- Our graduates work in the academia, research institutes and departments of the high-tech sector of the economy.
- The graduates are trained to be competitive to continue their research at the international mega-class research centers.
- Foreign Language for Professional Purposes
- Project Management
- Computer Modeling
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Methods of Materials Diagnostics
- Methods of Nanomaterials design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Nanoscience and Nanotechnology View 11 other Masters in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- a copy of your passport;
- the original and a copy of the document of the foreign state on education with the appendix;
- 6 photos (3x4 cm).
- Motivation letter “Why do I want to study at SFedU?"
- Essay (essay topics are available in the site https://international.sfedu.ru/).
- Documents confirming scientific and professional achievements of the applicant (certificates, diplomas, letters of recommendation);
- Language proficiency certificate.
International2618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2618 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2618 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2618 EUR per year during 24 months.
170 000 RUB
Living costs for Rostov-on-Don
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.