A broad scope of knowledge, analytical ability, versatility, presentation and writing skills on economic topics, applied statistical and econometric tools. The programme Economics offers all this to its students. It is designed primarily for those who are interested in economic issues, who like to reflect upon the foundations of their analyses or on how to assess specific economic decisions, and who want to learn more about the workings of markets and economies. Students will also learn about modern analytical methods and software.
In the Master’s programme, you will expand your knowledge of behavioural and experimental economics, transport economics and public policy, as well as macroeconomic modelling. You will learn how to empirically identify and quantify the effects of specific economic decisions. Students of Economics gain universal knowledge that provides them with a broader perspective on economic, political, and social issues. They also gain a more critical view of different situations and a more appropriate choice of stance that takes into account the broader context.
Upon successful completion of the study, the graduate can
- apply attention to detail and problem-solving skills in a wide range of professional environments, from finance and business to the public sector and non-profit organizations,
- process large data sets and analyse them using statistical and econometric tools,
- present complex economic topics,
- publish scholarly texts covering a wide range of topics while including sound arguments and opinions based on their own analysis,
- interpret current economic research and policy documents in a selected area of specialization,
- provide expert advice in their area of specialization.
Employment of graduates
Graduates will find employment in analytical positions in the commercial sphere, consulting firms, or government and international organizations.
The knowledge and skills acquired in transport economics courses can be applied in public administration or private transport companies. Last but not least, knowledge of macroeconomic modelling methods is valued in various positions in banking, the public sector, and consulting and advisory work.
As the programme is taught in English, its graduates are well qualified to find jobs abroad and in international companies where English is used.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic writing
- Presentation Skills for Foreign Students
- Seminar in microeconomics
- Transport economics
- Diploma seminar
- International economics
- Quantitative Methods in Transport
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics View 8 other Masters in Econometrics in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Our Master's degree programmes are open to students holding a Bachelor's or
- Applicants for study in follow-up Master’s degree programmes must prove they completed higher education in the Bachelor’s, Master’s or doctoral degree programme.
The decision on admission is made by the Dean of the faculty upon submission from the Admission Commission for foreign studies. The commission evaluates
- documented language competence
- study combability
- previous study results
- data provided in the applicant’s statement of purpose
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.