Discover how to create clinical education programmes that achieve maximum results, improve teaching practice and develop the expertise needed to lead clinical education programmes in your workplace.
- Study part-time alongside professional commitments
- Apply what you've learned directly to professional work
- Conduct research and practical work in our outstanding research facilities
- Develop industry contacts and enjoy networking opportunities and support from Academic Advisors and the student office
What you'll study
This Education for Clinical Contexts programme offered at Queen Mary University of London has been specifically designed for doctors, dentists, senior nurses, allied health professionals and academics, involved in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching of clinicians.
It aims to attract committed educators working in and around clinical contexts, who seek to both improve teaching and learning. You'll gain a deep understanding of how to evaluate and improve curriculum; and you'll understand more fully the educational potential of the working environment.
You will be given opportunities to develop knowledge and skills as educators, using your own practice and workplace setting as a research context. You will engage with like-minded colleagues and analyse the nature and dynamics of teaching and learning in clinical education, drawing on a wide range of educational theories. This programme requires you to become an active researcher of clinical education in order to develop teaching and learning opportunities for students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Teaching and Learning for Clinical Contexts
- Innovative Practices and Theories in Clinical Education
- Clinical Curriculum Evaluation and Development
- Research Methods in Clinical Education
- Education, Leadership and Innovation
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences View 1688 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 or above at undergraduate level in a relevant subject.
- The programme has been specifically designed for doctors, dentists, senior nurses, allied health professionals and academics, who are involved in undergraduate or postgraduate teaching of clinicians. Applicants will have at least one year of experience in practice as a clinical educator to enrol on the programme. This includes experience teaching in the clinical context.
International19250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-Time (The course fee is charged per annum for 3 years)
- UK: £3,500
- International: £6,450
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.