At a Glance
The Pastoral Care, Guidance and Pupil Support programme of the University of Aberdeen is open to all professionals who have a caring role with young people.
It meets the continuing professional development needs of those who wish to extend their skills and knowledge into new areas of guidance, care and support which pertain within their establishment, but in particular, within an educational setting.
The general aims of the programme are to extend the skills, knowledge and understanding of the participants in the following ways:
- critical evaluation and application of advanced professional knowledge and understanding;
- commitment to critical self-evaluation and development;
- enhanced and highly effective professional performance;
- personal and professional commitment to an extended professional role and wider professional vision;
- advocacy of change and professional action aimed at the development and improvement of practice;
- development of professional values and knowledge through reflective and evidence-based practice;
- working with others to bring about change and improvement to practice;
- bridging theory and practice and critically applying and challenging research findings.
In addition, each module has specific aims relevant to the content covered.
Qualifications gained by successful candidates often leads to enhanced promotional prospects in the candidates work place setting.
- Depute Head Teacher
- Faculty Head
- Guidance Teacher
- Head Teacher
- Care and Support in Action
- Managing Personal Support in Schools
- Counselling and Mentoring Approaches in Educational Settings
- Critical Approaches to Academic Literature
- Personal and Social Development, Health and Wellbeing
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
Deadlines for applicants not requiring a Visa applying for postgraduate taught degrees starting in January will be confirmed shortly.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Liberal Arts Pedagogy View 23 other Masters in Liberal Arts in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Aberdeen and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Entry requirements for this programme as with other PGT programmes is an honours degree at 2:2 or above from a recognised university or body
- In exceptional circumstances applicants without this qualification may be admitted at the discretion of the Programme Director subject to having an alternative qualification, or an approved level of experience, appropriate to the field of study
- English Language Requirements
- A degree certificate showing your qualifications
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- A detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
- Two reference letters, one of which should be from your university discussing your academic ability
International2190 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2190 GBP per year during 36 months.
National750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 GBP per year during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.