Rehabilitation counselors assist individuals who are disabled with obtaining competitive employment and achieving independent living goals. Rehabilitation counselors have a multifaceted role that includes vocational services, case management, job development, and placement counseling.
The Rehabilitation Counseling program of the Winston-Salem State University is offered in distance learning. The distance learning format includes a combination of on-line and through asynchronous and synchronous format. Employees of state vocational rehabilitation (VR) agencies, non-traditional students, students with disabilities, and students from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Student Disability Services
- Nonprofit Leadership
- K-12 Special Education
- State Vocational Rehabilitation
- Veteran Affairs
- College Counseling Centers
- Private Rehabilitation (insurance, social security, workers compensation, life care planning, disability case management and forensic)
- Mental Health Counselor
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research & Program Evaluation Methods
- Project/Rehabilitation Counseling
- Family Collaboration/Intervention
- Psychopathology and Treatment in Rehabilitation
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 1220 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an regionally accredited college or university
- A recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- A cumulative minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.7
- An in person interview with graduate faculty, faculty from the Rehabilitation Counseling program, and representatives of public, community, or private rehabilitation.
- First priority for admission will be given to applicants who currently work as rehabilitation counselors, work in the field of rehabilitative services, or plan to seek employment as rehabilitation counselors.
International19115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19115 USD per year during 30 months.
National13987 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13987 USD per year during 30 months.
In-State3872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3872 USD per year during 30 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.