During the Nursing program of the Winston-Salem State University you'll receive personalized attention from extraordinary faculty. Graduates achieve a personal and intellectual transformation, a global perspective, and a creative approach to meeting the changing needs of society.
It’s easier than ever to apply to our well-respected graduate and professional nursing programs.
- No GRE or MAT requirement for ANE or MSN-DNP option!
- Removal of time limit for health assessment, statistics, and research courses!
- Required essay length reduction!
The WSSU MSN Advanced Nurse Educator (ANE) and Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) options are 2-year programs for full-time study and 3-year programs for part-time study.
Advanced Nurse Educator
The ANE concentration prepares graduates to teach in undergraduate nursing programs and to fulfill clinical education and staff development positions in hospitals and complex educational environments.
Family Nurse Practitioner
FNP graduates are prepared to provide comprehensive primary care to all patients, across a broad range of health care settings, especially underserved and disadvantaged patients, and those of diverse ethnicity.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Practice Clinical Problems
- Nurse Practitioner Role Preparation and Transition
- Advanced Nurse Educator Role & Transition Practicum
- Theoretical Basis for Advanced Nursing Practice
- Evaluation Methods in Nursing Education
- Advanced Nursing Technologies
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National deadline: February 15 (fall)
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences View 1985 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Complete Program Admissions Application
- Official report of GRE or MAT scores for FNP program applicants
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally recognized accredited college or university
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 or greater
- Official transcripts from all previous academic work
- Undergraduate courses in statistics, research, and health assessment with a grade of “C” or higher
- One year clinical nursing experience as a registered nurse (Waive for a GPA of 3.4 and combined GRE 1000 (New scale a minimum of Verbal-153 and Quantative-144)
- Three Letters of Reference
- Professional resume
- Documentation of an active and unencumbered North Carolina or Compact State registered nurse license
- Submit an Admission essay of 350-500 words describing the reason for choosing the MSN program at WSSU, short and long term goals, and your understanding of the advanced nursing role (ANE or FNP).
- Complete MSN Supplemental Application
International19115 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19115 USD per year during 24 months.
National13987 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13987 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State3872 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3872 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.