You can tailor the course content to your professional context. The Education – TESOL programme at the Oxford Brookes University incorporates practical and academic tasks and assignments. And discussion with fellow TESOL practitioners worldwide on cutting edge practice and research. You have the option to specialise in the following areas:
- the multilingual learner
- English Language Teaching (ELT) materials development
- English for specific purposes.
You can study online through distance learning, on campus or through a combination of the two. As a campus-based student, you have the option of a volunteer placement scheme teaching Oxford-based asylum seekers.
Recent students graduating with an MA Education (TESOL) have moved from teaching into teacher professional development, management of language schools and language businesses, materials and test writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Language Acquisition and Development: Principles and Practice
- Descriptions of English
- ELT Changing Methodologies
- Teaching English for Specific Purposes
- Multilingual Learners
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 883 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have a first degree at 2.2 level or above.
- TESOL pathway students are required to show evidence of teaching experience of two years in any context, including summer language schools, one-to-one teaching, or teaching assistant roles. Teaching practice acquired through CELTA or DELTA qualifications can count towards this. In some cases, a shorter period of teaching experience can be negotiated where there has been significant TESOL content study.
International15200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Home (UK) part time: £765 per single module
Home (UK) distance learning: £765 per single module
International / EU distance learning: £1,690 per single module
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.