You will develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to help stop and reverse the devastating destruction of natural habitats. And the loss of the species that live in them.
In the Primatology and Conservation programme at the Oxford Brookes University, you will be part of an international and multidisciplinary forum. Our aims are to:
- understand ecology, evolution and conservation issues
- promote effective action
- make leading advances in research topics
You will be joining a supportive global network of former students working across all areas of conservation. Our graduates work in a range of organisations, from the BBC Natural History Unit through to the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
They work in roles from keeper and education officer in zoos across the UK and North America to paid researcher at institutes of higher education. Some of our students have gone on to run their own conservation-related NGOs.
More informationVisit official programme website
Advanced Study of People and Other Animals
Advanced Study of Primate Adaptation and Evolution
Humans and Wildlife
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation View 83 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United Kingdom
- You will normally be required to have, or be expecting, a good honours degree in anthropology, biology, ecology, psychology or an acceptable related discipline.
- We will consider appropriate credits obtained elsewhere. Accreditation of prior learning (eg a conversion course or an advanced research training course) will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the course manager. Accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL) will similarly be considered.
- However, it must be advised that, because the taught aspect is a key component of the course, credit for prior learning will only be given in exceptional cases.
International13900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.