You can choose modules relating to the research opportunities and challenges around the Human Primate Interface. This includes a tailored module allowing you to focus on your chosen topic within conservation and ecology.Coursework is innovative and varied. It will provide you with direct training to work in conservation or ecology as a practitioner, advocate or academic.In the Primate Conservation - Human-Primate Interface programme at the Oxford Brookes University, you will have the opportunity to produce an original piece of research on topics such as:
- illegal trade
- crop raiding
You'll work with international scholars in primatology, biological anthropology and primate conservation. And gain the experience to research the human primate interface, and where relevant, to enact positive change.
You will be joining a supportive global network of former students working across all areas of conservation in organisations from the BBC Natural History Unit through to the International Union for Conservation of Nature and in roles from keeper and education officer in zoos across the UK and North America to paid researchers at institutes of higher education.
Many of our students have even gone on to run their own conservation-related NGOs.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Primate Conservation and Diversity
- People-Primate Interactions
- Primate Conservation - Research Methods
- Genetics and Population Management
- Captive Management and Rehabilitation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Biodiversity & Conservation View 83 other Masters in Biodiversity & Conservation in United Kingdom
- You will normally be required to have, or be expecting, a good honours degree in anthropology, biology, ecology, psychology or an acceptable related discipline.
- We will consider appropriate credits obtained elsewhere. Accreditation of prior learning (eg a conversion course or an advanced research training course) will be considered on a case-by-case basis by the course manager. Accreditation of prior experiential learning (APEL) will similarly be considered.
International15100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.