About the program
The curriculum at Tennessee State University is designed for students seeking preparation for a career in various types of mental health settings and related organizations, or for students planning to pursue a Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology. Recognizing the value of both practice and research, the Counseling Concentration offers two options: thesis or non-thesis.
- Theories of Personality
- Professional Issues and Ethics in Counseling Psychology
- Statistics & Methodology
- Counseling and Interviewing Skills
- Multicultural Counseling Theory & Practice
- Counseling Theory
- Abnormal Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Psychology View 1264 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- It is highly recommended that applicants have earned or are in pursuit of an undergraduate major in Psychology or a related field.
- The minimum acceptable overall GPA is 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. However, most applicants who are admitted earn a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation - one of which should be from an academic advisor or his or her designee.
- A personal statement of no more than 1000 words indicating.
- Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Following the initial review, the program coordinator will contact select applicants for on-campus interviews.
- Only applicants with satisfactory application materials and a successful interview will be offered admission to the program.
International13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6690 USD per semester during 12 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6690 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State6396 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3198 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.