The School has offered post-graduate study in Performance Analysis since the first ever Masters in Performance Analysis was developed in 2003. The Cardiff School of Sport & Health Sciences has a unique Centre of Performance Analysis boasting high-spec teaching and practical based laboratories with a multitude of world-leading software and resources available. The School has developed two new pathways designed to reflect recent developments within sport performance analysis.
Sport Performance Analysis - Analytics Pathway in the Cardiff Metropolitan University combines academic, practical and research based skills to allow you to develop in your chosen area. Students can elect to specialise in specific named pathways in either Applied or Analytics. The Applied pathway prepares skilled practitioners with sound scientific principles to base their work and develop their understanding of the theory behind the analysis. The Analytics pathway combines data science skills and knowledge of sport with performance analysis theory.
Many graduates of performance analysis from Cardiff Met are working within the field of performance analysis. Due to the demands of National Governing Bodies, satellite and terrestrial TV companies, soccer clubs, rugby clubs, Welsh Institute of Sport, the English Institutes (regional centres) of Sport there has been an increase in the range of career opportunities in the field of sport performance analysis. This programme prepares students for a range of analysis careers in the sports industry, particularly work which takes place with elite performers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artificial Intelligence
- Modelling Sports Performance
- Software Engineering in Sport
- Contemporary Research in Performance Analysis
- Research Methods in Sport
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Sciences View 318 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) in a sport or mathematics related area are appropriate to the Programme Director
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) in an alternative subject area that is acceptable by the Programme Director
- Experience of study or provision of performance analysis
- Students are normally selected on the basis of their formal application, a CV and an interview. Applicants are usually invited to have an informal (skype or phone) conversation with the Programme Director before any offer is made.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.