During the Collaborative design program at Monash University, you will develop independent conceptual and practical design skills alongside an ability to be part of collaborative design processes. You’ll expand your awareness across design disciplines; develop multidisciplinary design expertise; and build broader skills in leadership, professional adaptability and complex project planning.
The program will expose you to design challenges that involve image, text, products, narratives, systems, services, public and private space, materiality and virtuality. These creative outputs are not approached as single entities, but in scenarios that require a comprehensive and holistic design approach. You will be required to demonstrate independent conceptual and practical skills and your ability to engage in collaborative design processes.
The program will develop your professional awareness across the creative disciplines, prompt multidisciplinary design competencies, and promote broader skills in leadership, professional adaptability, and complex project planning. The final year of study provides the opportunity for you to pursue a major project, or extend your skills by participating in a leading industry project.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that you will be able to:
- engage critically with design theory, concepts and methods
- understand the relationship of design to cultural, environmental, ethical, technological and professional contexts and practices
- apply design principles and advanced design skills to produce innovative ideas, concepts and solutions
- integrate specialised design research approaches in order to analyse, synthesise and evaluate diverse solutions for contemporary environments
- use technical and design methodologies to assess the needs, deliverables and constraints of complex projects
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design thinking approaches
- Design fundamental studio
- Design technologies and processes
- Introduction to art and design health and safety
- Interaction design
- Multimedia design
- Collaborative design
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesDesign User Experience Design View 78 other Masters in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 089737A
Entry Level 1
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
Entry Level 2
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR
- Bachelor's degree in any field + relevant experience
Entry Level 3
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in a related field OR
- Bachelor's (Hons) degree in any field + relevant experience
International36700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36700 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32600 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.