The socio-cultural study of sport has become ever more significant. Drawing upon two major areas of study within the socio-cultural study of sport, the MA in Sociology and Ethics of Sport degree from Cardiff Metropolitan University focuses upon the sociology and ethics (philosophy) of sport, distinguishing this from other socio-cultural related sport programmes.
- Awareness and knowledge of social issues by specialists in the field of sport is increasingly in demand where there is an interest in people. Sports sociologists and ethicists are sought after in a range of sport related occupations that include; community sports development programmes, management of sport/leisure facilities in the private sector, sports administration roles and sports media.
- Further, this programme is ideal for those with aspirations of a research career or continued study at PhD level and fosters a range of transferable skills
- Social Issues and Sporting Experience
- Research Methods for Sport (Qualitative pathway)
- Changing Practice in Sport and Physical Culture
- Sport and Morality
- Equality and Justice in Sport
- Independent Study
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Sociology Sports Sciences View 553 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Applicants should normally have one of the following:
- An honours degree (2.1 or above ) in a sport or leisure related area appropriate to the pathway
- Candidates with exceptional and extensive work experience in education, coaching, leisure management or recreation will also be considered for entry to the pathway.
- An honours degree (2.1 or above) in an alternative discipline area that is acceptable to the programme leader.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.