The course integrates academic teaching and learning with clinical, population health, food service, research and management experience and is undertaken in both academic and professional practice placement settings (e.g., clinical, food service, community nutrition and public health nutrition). Professional practice placements may be in an urban or rural setting.
The objectives of the Master of Dietetics have been classified according to the four themes of the course:
- Personal development and professional practice
- Determinants and influences of public health and nutrition
- Nutrition fundamentals of health and disease
- Food: From science to systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of dietetic practice
- Nutrition, activity and health in chronic diseases
- Public health nutrition
- Practice and research in public health nutrition
- Food for dietetic practice
- Practice and research in dietetics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 19 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 084910M
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant area of study* with a credit (60%) average. The undergraduate degree must have been completed in the past 10 years unless you have been assessed as having work experience that the Faculty considers equivalent. A second food /nutrition subject at any level is desirable (e.g. food science, nutrition science, lifespan nutrition).
- A second food /nutrition subject at any level is desirable (e.g. food science, nutrition science, lifespan nutrition).
- Immunisation: Students must satisfy the immunisation requirements in order to participate in placements that are compulsory course requirements. It is the student's responsibility to have a satisfactory immunisation status by the end of the First Semester (March) of the Master of Dietetics course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International45500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45500 AUD per year during 18 months.
National34900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34900 AUD per year during 18 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.