The German programme from Maynooth University introduces students to academic research, new ideas and approaches. It aims to equip students with academic, analytical, creative and reflective skills in order to foster interest and involvement in research in the field of German Studies. It aims to enhance students’ knowledge and understanding of important concepts in German language and literature (including their didactic and methodological application), culture and society.
German is the largest language in Europe in terms of native speakers and one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, with more than 100 million native speakers and millions more speaking German as a second language. Germany has also the largest economy in Europe. With many German, Swiss and Austrian banks/companies and many other international firms located in Ireland conducting business in German-speaking Europe, career opportunities in the economic/business sector are plentiful. The MA in German also enhances opportunities in teaching, the civil service, journalism as well as the diplomatic, academic and many other professions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Skills 1: Data Collection
- Translation : German To English
- New Trends In German-language Cultural Studies
- International Translation: English To German
- Methodologies Of Teaching And Learning German As A Foreign Language
- Viva Voce Oral Examination
- Theories Of Second Language Acquisition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 35 other Masters in Languages in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates normally must have obtained at least a 2nd Class Honours Grade I in their primary degree, or equivalent. In exceptional cases, candidates who do not fulfill this requirement may be accepted. Questions regarding eligibility for the MA programme should be directed to the Postgraduate Coordinator
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Part-time EU: 4,330
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.