What's covered in the course?
- Develops your already advanced skills with high-quality tuition and professional performance opportunities.
- Leads to a practical and performance-focused post-masters level qualification.
- Helps support and advance your career as a professional musician or performer.
- Gives you access to specialist, experienced tutors.
- Provides numerous performance opportunities at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, including ensembles, coaching workshops and masterclasses.
- Makes use of our excellent links with organisations such as City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (CBSO), Birmingham Contemporary Music Group (BCMG), Birmingham Royal Ballet, Birmingham Bach Choir, Ex Cathedra, Opera North, Welsh National Opera, and Orchestra of the Swan via our professional schemes.
- Enables you to be part of a small cohort of colleagues who are also at the high, professional standard required to be admitted to this course, which is limited to a small number of students per year.Professional Performance - AdvPgDip (post-Masters level 8) is provided by Birmingham City University.
- Instrumental Performance
- Vocal Performance
- Collaborative Piano
- Chamber Music
- Opera Repetiteur
- Choral Conducting
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications will be considered at any time up until the course start date.
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 249 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- A postgraduate degree/diploma, normally (but not necessarily) specialising in performance or
- Substantial, verifiable public performance experience at an appropriate level.
- You'll need to demonstrate that you're able to perform to an appropriately advanced level.
- The subsequent discussion will explore your musical interests and aspirations.
- You'll also need to demonstrate an awareness of what is required of the performer wishing to forge a successful professional career in the 21st century, as well as an open mind about developing your own portfolio of relevant skills and experiences.
- Bring a copy of the score for each work/movement you perform at audition.
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part Time -TBC
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.