Monash journalism's particular focus on public interest and investigative journalism will equip you to contribute to the main value add of journalism in society - informing the public to allow citizens to be self governing.
You will work with award-winning journalists and academics with outstanding industry links, achieve expert skills in research and reporting in print, digital, radio and video, and explore the media's evolving role in society.
The Journalism program at Monash University is deeply collaborative. We have links with Research Institutes and Centres for Investigative Journalism in the USA, including the Center for Investigative Reporting in San Francisco and the Center for Public Integrity in Washington, DC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Doing media and communications research
- Principles of global media and communications
- Journalism practice
- Media, law and ethics
- Video journalism
- Digital journalism
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesJournalism View 16 other Masters in Journalism in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 082656C
Entry level 1:
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Entry level 2:
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34700 AUD per year during 12 months.
National24200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24200 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.