During the Architecture program at Monash University , you will undertake high-level study in specialised areas of architecture, from housing and urban design to digital practices. Through project based design studios you will gain exposure to leading design practices.
The Master of Architecture offers a coursework postgraduate program of education in the discipline of architecture and provides the second of two degrees required for professional registration. The academic program focuses on research-led architectural design teaching and learning through advanced studios and depth-unit architectural studies electives.
An integrated program of study will allow you to select from a range of design studios in conjunction with advanced architectural studies - complementary depth units that introduce students to the methods and tactics of architectural design research and engage with the multidisciplinary socio-cultural, political, economic, historical, theoretical and technical dimensions relevant to contemporary architecture and urbanism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Transition architecture studio
- Contemporary architecture
- Architecture and the city
- Architectural performance
- Integrated architectural performance
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 97 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS code: 097034K
- Entry level 1: Requires an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least distinction (70%) average.
- Entry level 2:Requires an Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Architecture with at least distinction (70%) average in the final year of the degree. This qualifying undergraduate degree must have been completed within 5 years of the proposed commencement of the Masters program. Students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of Architectural Design at Monash University will automatically progress to the 2-year Master of Architecture.
- Applicants must provide a short folio showing their past creative work (in any form or medium), a CV and a statement of why they are interested in the program. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International44800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37900 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.