To meet the educational and professional needs of each student, the programme offers three awards and exit points: Postgraduate Certificate; Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Events Project Management at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Learning and teaching strategies are designed to promote active engagement of the student with the subject area and reflect the strong vocational emphasis of the awards.
- All students undertake a live consultancy project through the Industry Project Management module, which provides an opportunity to engage with employers in the industry. As part of this module, they have the opportunity to gain an accredited qualification from the Project Management Institute.
- Student have the option to undertake the Internship module. The duration of this (unpaid) internship is either for a minimum of 20 days, which will normally be undertaken during term-time one day a week throughout semester one and semester two or in blocks of time during the semester breaks.
- Alternatively, the students can undertake an internship (paid or unpaid) for the duration of 10-12 weeks (usually engaging in a full time role in an organisation) and this will normally be completed during semester three which would mean that the engagement with the final project would be deferred until September when the internship is completed and 120 credits are awarded.
- Managing People & markets across cultures
- Event Project Planning, Mobilisation & Evaluation
- Event Tendering, Feasibility & Conceptualisation
- Industry Project Management (with professional accreditation)
- Research Methods
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries in Context
- Crisis, Risk and Strategic Change Management
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesProject Management Event Management View 59 other Masters in Event Management in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cardiff Metropolitan University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
The normal minimum requirements for entry onto Master’s Degrees are:
- an initial related degree awarded by another approved degree awarding body (2:2 or above); or
- a non-graduate qualification which is deemed to be of a satisfactory standard for the purpose of postgraduate admission
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.