What's covered in the course?
We match your degree subject (in any subject area) to one of the PCET specialisms that we offer:
- Arts, Media and Performance
- English, Literacy and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Numeracy
- Science and Technology
The means you could have a degree in subject to apply for this course and we will place you in one of the umbrella categories above.
For example, if you have a degree in Health and Social Care you'll fit into Science and Technology, or with a degree in Construction you might fit into Science or Mathematics.
The Post-Compulsory Education and Training - PGCE is provided by Birmingham City University.
Enhancing your employability skills
This course boosts your chance of finding a job after graduating because the focus and subject specialism is designed to enhance your employment opportunities.
We have partnership arrangements with large further education colleges in the West Midlands, as well as prison education units, a number of training agencies and private providers.
You will spend three days each week, between November and May, on placement and you will be supported by your tutor/mentor.
- The Professional Journey of Teaching Practice
- Effective Teaching, Learning and Assessment in the Classroom
- Practiced Based Enquiry
- Analysis of Inclusive Learning Practice and Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Educational Psychology View 307 other Masters in Educational Research in United Kingdom
- Applicants will have (or expect to achieve before enrolment) a Bachelor's Honours degree, at lower Second Class level or above from a UK higher education institution or a recognised equivalent.
- The content of your previous experience and education should provide the necessary foundation for work as a teacher.
- At the point of enrolment to the course, it is also necessary to have a GCSE at grade C or above (or its equivalent) in English language and mathematics.
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13200 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.