The Communications and Media Studies program at Monash University is particularly relevant to those employed or seeking employment in communications and media industries (for instance, electronic journalism, policy formulation, public relations, or tourism marketing), as well as those who wish to expand their expertise for teaching purposes or further study.
You will be introduced to the latest developments and research in communications and media – including in social and online media – always with a view to "real world" application. Study units feature guest professional speakers in conjunction with industry focussed field trips to media outlets in Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
In the Master of Communications and Media Studies course, you will have the opportunity to undertake industry internships in Australia and overseas. For example, students in our program have recently completed internships with the United Nations in New York and with Shandong Television in China.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media and social change
- Global media industries
- Understanding media audiences
- Digital cultures and platforms
- Digital technology, policy and governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Media Studies & Mass Media View 50 other Masters in Communication Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 082653F
- Entry level 1:An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) with at least credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
- Entry level 2: An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34700 AUD per year during 12 months.
National27100 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27100 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
This programme is taught in different countries. Which country are you interested in?
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.