The International Relations and Journalism program at Monash University explores the security, ethical, legal and economic dimensions of international relations.You will examine key issues in foreign policy, world order, European studies, management and terrorism, as well as the gender, development, migration and governance aspects of global politics.
The Master of Journalism component provides you with the opportunity to work with award-winning journalists and academics with strong industry links, as you cultivate high-level skills in research and reporting across all media – print, online, radio and video – and explore the role of the media in contemporary society.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Researching international relations
- International political economy
- Contemporary security topics
- Foreign policy of emerging powers
- Reading and writing international relations
- Gender and development
- Gender, security and conflict
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Journalism View 14 other Masters in Journalism in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 0101140
Entry level 1:
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least credit (60%) average, or qualification and experience approved by the faculty
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) and an Australian graduate certificate (or equivalent) in a cognate discipline including humanities or social sciences with at least a 50% average in both qualifications, or qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International36400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36400 AUD per year during 24 months.
National25400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25400 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.