Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing of Cardiff Metropolitan University is designed to enhance the students current understanding and application of occupational health and safety management by enabling students to develop a more holistic approach to influencing worker and organisational performance through the contemporary concepts of worker engagement and wellbeing.
Since completing the MSc Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing in July 2015 I have been working as an Occupational Health and Safety Officer at a Waste Management Company called Averda.
I am really happy with my work and found myself at an advantage at the recruitment stage given what I have learnt in my degree about OHS management. The course work combined with the theory and experiences from our lecturers was particularly insightful.
Currently, I am working on a new project to conduct a Health and Safety assessment of all the company projects and sites all over the world, including: UAE, KSA, Oman, Qatar, Jordan, Morocco, Congo and Gabon. Working internationally is really interesting, we have offices in London, and projects in Dublin and Galway.
The MSc Occupational Safety, Health and Wellbeing is accredited by:
- Institution of Safety and Health (IOSH).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessing the Impact of Work on Health
- Approaches to Improving Worker Safety, Health and Wellbeing
- Health Risk Perception & Communication
- Principles and Practice of Risk Assessment
- Applied Research Methods and Design
- Influencing Individual and Organisational Behaviour
- Evaluating Safety, Health and Wellbeing Performance
- Developing Safety, Health and Wellbeing Strategies & Interventions
- Worker Engagement and Wellbeing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 341 other Masters in Health Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We welcome applicants from all sectors both here in the UK and elsewhere from across the world:
- Potential students are normally expected to have a degree in a discipline relating to occupational safety and health.
- However, candidates with other relevant qualifications or experience in occupational safety and health, or an allied profession, will be considered.
Recognition of Prior LearningWhere applicable candidates may apply for exemption from modules through the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process. This may include credit transfer from another level 7 programme, recognition of prior credited learning and recognition of prior experiential learning'.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.