The MSc Globalisation and Multinational Corporations (Online) at SOAS University of London specifically addresses the requirements of those seeking a comprehensive theoretical and practical understanding of the role and dynamics of large corporations in the global economy and international affairs.
The programme aims to prepare students for a variety of roles in government departments, regulatory agencies, international organizations (such as the OECD or WTO) industry bodies, and NGOs and as advisors, managers, researchers or project professionals with multinational corporations, trade unions and advocacy organizations.
The programme has a multi-disciplinary structure and draws on the teaching and research strengths of CISD and of the SOAS departments of International Politics, Law, Economics and area studies (especially of Asia, Africa, and the Middle East) as well as a wide range of languages.
In addition to the three core modules of Multinational Enterprises, Global Public Policy, and Project Management, students choose other modules to meet their specific professional needs and personal interests.
- Excellent understanding of the development and activities of Multinational Enterprises (MNE) and their regulation from economic and legal perspectives.
- Excellent knowledge of economic, legal and public policy approaches to researching MNE organization, impact, and regulation in the global economy.
- Ability to critically analyze and design solutions to regulatory and public policy challenges related to MNE activities in both the global North and South.
- Development of practical skills including policy analysis, project management, advocacy, negotiation, and strategic communication.
- Multinational Enterprises in a Globalising World
- Global Citizenship and Advocacy
- Global Energy & Climate Change
- International Economics
- Foundations of International Law
- Human and Critical Security Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- 1 x core modules (30 credits each)
- 3 x elective modules (30 credits each)
- 1 x dissertation (60 credits)
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Business View 110 other Masters in International Business in United Kingdom
- A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent).
- Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
The distance learning programmes can be paid in full at the time of enrolment or on a pay as you learn basis (£3,000/module).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.