It is designed for people at the start of their careers as well as people working in the field who want to develop their careers in international public policy, NGOs, global business and government departments such as the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The International diplomacy and trade program at Monash University explores the security, ethical, legal and economic dimensions of international relations. You will examine key issues in foreign policy, world order, European studies, crisis management and terrorism, as well as the gender, development, migration and governance aspects of global politics.
We offer the following specialisations:
- Advanced international relations
- Gender, peace and security
- Global Migration
- International diplomacy and trade
- Political violence and counter-terrorism
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Researching international relations
- International political economy
- Contemporary security topics
- Foreign policy of emerging powers
- Reading and writing international relations
- Gender and development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Business Public Policy View 65 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Monash University and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS: 082659M
Entry level 1:
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent), with at least a credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Entry level 2:
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline including humanities and social sciences with at least a credit (60%) average, or equivalent qualification and experience approved by the faculty.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37900 AUD per year during 12 months.
National26700 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.