Mechanical engineers are increasingly engaged in the design and operation of devices that require skills that cross traditional discipline boundaries.
As a mechanical engineer, you could design automatic control systems, or create efficiently heated and cooled buildings. You could manage the water supply for a whole state, take charge of the operation of a smart building, design wind turbines or highly efficient, low-cost products for the developing world.
Optimise the aerodynamics of trucks and trains, work with the medical profession to create robots that can operate with greater precision than a human, or be at the cutting edge of advanced manufacturing using 3D printers to create aircraft parts with elegance and function.
Your future career options
As a mechanical engineer you will discover countless opportunities in a wide range of industries in Australia and overseas. You could pursue one or more of these specialist areas:
- building systems engineering
- advanced manufacturing
- product process and design
- consulting and project management
- research and development
- aerospace field and test engineering
- mechanical design automation
- robotics prosthetic limb and joint design
- renewable energy systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The new Co-operative Education Program provides relevant work experience opportunities through internships with our partner organisations. Undertake a three, six or 12 month paid internship and explore different industry sectors, understand what it is to be a working engineer and connect the experience to your studies in a practical way. You’ll enhance your technical and professional skills, build industry connections and gain skills to give you the edge in a competitive employment market.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 54 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS code: 104589A
- All Monash undergraduate courses require you to have successfully completed a minimum of an Australian Year 12 qualification (or equivalent) and achieve the required academic entry score. Most Monash faculties generally use your most recent studies for admission however other guidelines may apply where your prior qualification may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International48300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48300 AUD per year during 12 months.
National39800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39800 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.