In this Inclusive Education program at Monash University you’ll critically explore theory, current research, practical methods and regulatory contexts which inform effective strategies in supporting children, adolescents and adults with learning, social and behavioural challenges.
Start of expanded content
The course will equip you to accommodate students with additional learning needs into regular classrooms, through the creation of inclusive and supportive learning contexts and learning programs. You’ll develop an understanding of contemporary educational issues around social justice and equity, as a precursor to designing effective programs for students with additional needs within mainstream settings. Underpinned by fundamental philosophies around access, the course will enhance understanding, and offer practical and positive direction on accommodation and equity within inclusive settings. You’ll build your capacity to transform teaching and learning to support learners with additional learning needs to meet their educational goals.
As you develop these specialised skills, you’ll also be given opportunities to develop your research skills through reviewing and interacting with current trends in the field. Opportunities will be available to engage with and research the specialised skills involved with designing programs for students with diverse learning needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interacting with research in education contexts
- Investigating education issues in global contexts
- Research project in inclusive education and applied behaviour analysis
- Developing and evaluating positive behaviour support school programs and practices
- Creating inclusive learning environments
- A systems approach to implementing inclusive education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 28 other Masters in Special Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 078862J
- An Australian bachelor degree (or equivalent) in initial teacher education* with at least a credit (60%) average and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience
- An Australian bachelor (honours) degree and/or graduate diploma (or equivalent) in initial teacher education* with at least a credit (60%) average and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience.
- An Australian master’s degree (or equivalent) in initial teacher education* with at least a credit (60%) average and a minimum of two years relevant professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International34200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 AUD per year during 12 months.
National25500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25500 AUD per year during 12 months.
- Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.