Do you want to develop your professional expertise and advance your career in education? The Inclusive and special education program at Monash University addresses the professional learning needs of educators, educational administrators, managers, policy makers and others interested or involved in learning and education in the wider community. Step beyond where you are now and position yourself as a thought leader, as you connect with research excellence and transform how you practice.
In doing so, you will discover ways in which education can be transformed to include all learners regardless of their age, sexuality, gender, class, ethnicity and disability.
In the Master of Education you can graduate with a broadly applicable qualification by choosing general education studies, or you can choose one of the three other specialisations and graduate with a qualification highlighting your particular expertise. All specialisations have elective options, to allow you to further focus on your desired professional outcomes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Interacting with research in education contexts
- Investigating education issues in global contexts
- Research project in inclusive education and applied behaviour analysis
- Developing and evaluating positive behaviour support school programs and practices
- Creating inclusive learning environments
- A systems approach to implementing inclusive education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
International students can apply for a place anytime throughout the year.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 28 other Masters in Special Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS: 078862J
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average.
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average and a minimum of two years of full time equivalent relevant professional experience
- An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Education or a related discipline as relevant to the specialisation with at least a credit (60%) average
- A four-year Australian undergraduate honours degree or an Australian graduate certificate or an Australian graduate diploma (or equivalent) with at least a credit (60%) average
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 AUD per year during 12 months.
National24300 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24300 AUD per year during 12 months.
Fees for domestic students: Commonwealth supported place (CSP)
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.