The MA Education (with pathways) at Cardiff Metropolitan University team aims to play a key role in supporting the continuing professional development of teachers, youth and community workers and education professionals.
- Education - MA (full-time)
- Educational Leadership - MA
- Education: Community Practice - MA
- Education: Policy and Practice -MA
These awards have been developed after extensive consultation with employers, teachers, education professionals and students. The programme team aims to play a key role in supporting the continuing professional development of teachers, youth and community workers and education professionals.
The key benefits of studying this programme include:
- We take into consideration the 60 Master's level credits accrued by PGCE students, thus allowing them to fast track through the programme.
- Full and part-time home and international students from the various pathways study together, allowing for exchange of ideas across professions and nationalities.
- The period of candidature (up to 5 years part-time and 2 years full-time) allows students greater flexibility with their study schedule.
- Some of the modules are now delivered in blended format, and some are delivered via block attendance.
- In addition to a dedicated supervisor, dissertation students also have 4 advanced research sessions during their dissertation year.
Graduates from the programme have gone on to promotion in the education sector, including school and community management and leadership, curriculum leadership, positions within advisory services, lecturing and research posts in higher education, and work with government education departments across the world.
- Curriculum Development (Successful Futures)
- Curriculum Purposes and Principles for Science and Technology Teaching
- School Improvement
- Effective Educational Leadership
- Analysing Educational Data
- Practitioner Research
- Educating the More Able Learner
- Mentoring and Coaching Principles and Policies in Action
- Learning and Teaching Pedagogy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Pedagogy View 83 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
- Applicants must have a relevant initial degree at 2:2 classification or above. International students must have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above.
- It is also possible to enrol on the course if you are a non-graduate and have a minimum of two years' relevant experience.
- Entry is also subject to a satisfactory criminal records check.
International15500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.