The MA requires a research-based thesis. The applied anthropology emphasis offers specialized tracks designed to train students in applied aspects of anthropology that may be employment related. The applied cultural anthropology track identifies and assists in resolving current social issues in their cultural dimensions. The applied biological anthropology track encompasses forensic anthropology, medical anthropology and other practical applications of physical anthropology. The cultural resource management track involves the inventory, assessment and conservation of archaeological and historical sites and remains, and places of traditional cultural importance, as a part of a larger management framework.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Cultural Anthropology
- Proseminar in Biological Anthropology
- Proseminar in Archaeology
- Research Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology View 168 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
- Satisfy the Admissions Requirements for Graduate Degrees.
- Have completed a minimum of 18 credits of undergraduate coursework in anthropology with a GPA of 3.00. A completed baccalaureate degree in anthropology is preferred.
- Submit the following additional documentation:
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or other professionals particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualifications for graduate study.
- A letter of intent, including a brief statement of the applicant’s research and career goals and reasons for pursuing graduate study in anthropology at UAA.
- An example of a substantial paper or research proposal indicative of the applicant’s potential for graduate study.
International18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National18504 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18504 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State8802 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8802 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.