The MA Ceramics at Cardiff Metropolitan University also engages students with the key theories and contemporary debates, thus fostering their understandings of the ways in which these influence the development, expression and communication of their ideas, which will impact upon the success of their future practice as artists, makers or academics
Ceramics is a medium in which the practitioner occupies very different positions and frequently has opposing priorities and values drawn from previous personal experiences, technical competence and tacit knowledge.
The MA Ceramics programme is for individuals seeking to extend and develop their practice as well as deepen their knowledge and understandings of the subject, as future practitioners, researchers or academics.
The MA Ceramics & Maker programme enables students to enhance their careers as, or to become, established artists, makers, or designers leading towards a career, a PhD, or to a Professional Doctorate in either art or design. Cardiff School of Art and Design offers Professional Doctoral programs in both Art and Design.
The MA Ceramics & Maker programme is designed to enable students to achieve the attributes of greater flexibility, adaptability, and individual responsibility and autonomy as professional designers or researchers. The course aims to develop individuality, creativity, self-reliance, initiative, and the ability to perform in rapidly changing environments as well as increasing competence with research skills and methods which will make graduates highly employable as academics and/or researchers, or enable them to develop an active and sustained practice as designers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Ideas Seminars
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 494 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- Students will normally have achieved a first class or second class upper division first degree (1st or 2.1 degree classification) in an appropriate subject, and/or equivalent professional standing or experience in Ceramics or other disciplines
- Claims for Accredited Prior Learning (APL) are assessed in accordance with the CMU Academic Handbook , based upon either demonstrable evidence of assessed learning outcomes with equivalence, or equivalent experience where students “have learned in similarly ambitious ways”. APL claims are normally expected to be approved at the time of enrolment.
- School of Art and Design (CSAD) postgraduate applicants are required to both apply via the Cardiff Metropolitan University admissions site, and to complete additional information via the CSAD website.
- Images of your work or examples of written work can be submitted via a personal website or via an appropriate online platform (eg. Flickr, Tumblr or Wordpress).
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.