- The Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program offered by the University of Redlands combines the development of strong technical skills and in-depth understanding of geographic information systems and theory.
- The one-year program consists of 10 months of coursework and the undertaking of a Major Individual Project.
- The two-year program consists of up to 12 seven-week terms, with corresponding three week breaks as in the one-year program.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Fundamentals of Geographic Information
- Information Systems Foundations for GIS
- Communicating Geographic Information
- Statistics & Spatial Analysis
- Programming for GIS
- GI Technology
- Creating and Managing Geodatabases
- Customizing GIS for the Web
- Image Data
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 181 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Our online application requires the following:
- A complete resume
- A personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (sent directly by recommenders) can either be uploaded online or emailed directly to the program coordinator.
Supporting materials required for US applicants:
- Official transcripts
- Copy of an application submitted to FAFSA if you apply for Federal Student Aid
- Standardized testing results such as GRE (optional)
Supporting materials required for international applicants:
- The official Detailed Report (course-by-course) evaluation through International Education Research Foundation (IERF)
The official Course-by-course International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP) Evaluation through World Education Services (WES)ERF evaluation of transcripts- Detailed Report Required
- Standardized testing scores (TOEFL, if required; GRE, if available)
- Confidential Financial Statement of Support (required before visa application can be issued)
International45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45900 USD per year during 12 months.
National45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45900 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Redlands
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.