The goal Aviation Transport programme from Riga Technical University is to provide the education required for the specialists of the air transport field, who would promote the renovation and maintenance of air transport field infrastructure, execution of works related to the maintenance of aircraft mechanisms and avionic systems, analysis and design of systems operation.
- Aviation specialists have a wide range of labour market opportunities: aircraft maintenance engineers at airports, design engineers in companies that manufacture aircraft and aviation systems, engineers in aviation repair companies, researchers in research centres, specialists in air transport logistics in logistic companies, etc.
- They can also carry out analytical and managing work in companies as well as scientific research activity.
- Computer Methods for Test Planning and Data Processing
- Theory of Elasticity
- Aircraft Maintenance and its Technical Management
- Finite Element Method and its Applications
- Mechanics and Strengh of Composite Materials
- Structures Dynamics
- Laser Technology in Production and Repair of Vehicles
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
120 ECTS or 181.5 ECTS
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Transport Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Riga Technical University and/or in Latvia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Professional Bachelor Degree in Aviation Transport and /or 5th Level Professional Qualification in Aviation Transport (2 years).
- Bachelor Degree of Engineering Science in Mechanical Engineering (for studies majoring in Aviation Transport) or Electrical Engineering (for studies majoring in Avionics) (3 years). Education documents must be accompanied by English translations of all certificates and transcripts along with approval of the documents authenticity;
- Students applying for master programmes will be asked to record a video interview.
International3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3900 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Riga
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.