- The Master of Divinity (MDiv) degree program from Howard University is the basic professional degree for clergy.
- The Master of Divinity degree requires the completion of 81 credit hours classroom work with a C average or better.
- Biblical Studies
- Historical Studies
- Theological Studies
- Ethical and Cultural Studies
- Ministry Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 590 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 for graduate (Consult graduate department for exception to this requirement)
- Minimum number of credits - 30
- Submission of a thesis in partial fulfilment of requirement for many departments
- Statement of Academic Interest & Professional Goals
- Autobiographical Sketch
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum)
- Official transcripts from each university or college attended
- Official Transcripts
International Applicants Special Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts, final certificates and/or mark/grade sheets must be sent directly from the college or university to the Office of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions
- If the documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an official translated copy.
- An academic evaluation by a NACES member is required from all international students who have studied outside of the United States
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
International31308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31308 USD per year during 24 months.
National31308 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31308 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.