About the program
- The graduate Electrical and Computer Engineering program at Howard University offers studies and research in control engineering, antennas, communications, microwaves, applied microelectronics, power systems, signal processing, and solid state electronics. The combination of high-quality curriculum, research, faculty and facilities enables the department to provide excellent preparation for those who wish to embark on careers in electrical engineering.
- Published theoretical and experimental investigation of current research topics are vital to the electrical engineering program. The faculty here publish their scholarly work frequently, chair international and national conferences, serve as reviewers for governemtal programs or as referees for scientific journals. Some collaborative efforts are international. The department has sponsored several international workshops in Africa, presentation of papers in Russia, France and Germany among others. The department hosted the 25th North American Power Symposium in October of 1993.
- Three research centers and two departmental laboratories are designed to support graduate research. in addition to graduate faculty, research staff includes research associates, visiting scholars from other countries, visiting professors from US-based companies and graduate students. Each academic year, over 60 graduated students from America and international schools are enrolled.
- Energy Systems and Control
- Signal Processing and Communications
- Material Science and Solid State Electronics
- Electromagnetics and Optics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1823 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Howard University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 for graduate (Consult graduate department for exception to this requirement)
- Minimum number of credits - 30
- Submission of a thesis in partial fulfilment of requirement for many departments
- Statement of Academic Interest & Professional Goals
- Autobiographical Sketch
- Three letters of recommendation (minimum)
- Official transcripts from each university or college attended
- Official Transcripts
International Applicants Special Admission Requirements
- Official transcripts, final certificates and/or mark/grade sheets must be sent directly from the college or university to the Office of Graduate Recruitment and Admissions
- If the documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an official translated copy.
- An academic evaluation by a NACES member is required from all international students who have studied outside of the United States
- Test of English as a Foreign Language
International35556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35556 USD per year during 12 months.
National35556 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 35556 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Washington, D. C.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.